The best time to enjoy art, music and culture is when it is dark. Cinemas turn off all the lights before the movies, all the lamps are turned off before a play in a theatre, concert halls are darkened before every performance of an orchestra or a band. Only the darkness allows to immerse yourself into culture, let the imagination run free and enjoy the processes around you. Turn on the light and the magic disappears.
This year, one night festival of culture, ‘Culture Night’, will keep the lights off and will invite the visitors to enjoy the culture and arts in the darkness of the night. Around 200 various projects and events will spread around Vilnius during the night from 19th to 20th of June, lasting from 6 pm to 2 am.
The Arts Printing House @Culure Night:
* For the family | 18.00 - 19.00 | Pocket Hall | Stalo teatras/Table Theater presents object performance „Vėjų motė“
* For the dancers | 19.00 - 19.45 | Yard /Studio III | Urban dance school Low Air invites to the street dance pattle „Jam It“ >> Lithuanian not required <<
* For the lazy ones | 19.00 - 20.18 | Cafe | Theatre "cezario grupe" presents the video preview of the performance "Espléndido después (Un circo esotérico)“ (author and director Caesaris Graužinis). >> Lithuanian not required <<
* For those who are not asleep | 20.00 - 20.45 ir 21.15 - 22.00 | Studio II | Instalation by guests from Klaipėda city - „Meile, don't stop“. >> Lithuanian not required <<
* For those who notice | 20.30 - 22.00 | Black Hall | The program of the best Lithuanian short films presented bya LITHUANIAN SHORTS agency. See the program (click here) >> Lithuanian not required <<
* For those who listen | 22.00 - 22.50 | Glass Hall | Live radio theater project "W. Allen „Central Park West Street“.
* For those who experimenting | 22.00 - 23.00 | Pocket Hall | Theater happening „THANKS GOD I'M NOT AN ARTIST“. >> Lithuanian not required <<
* For eager ones | 23.30 - 24.00 | Black Hall | Sneak peak at the upcomming contemporary dance premiere „Reconstruct“ (choreography by Miglė Praniauskaitė). >> Lithuanian not required <<
* For the collectors | All night | Foyer | Lithuanian Dance Information Centre celebrates its 20th anniversary and invites audience to see the huge collection of the posters and flyers which presents the rich history of the projects which were hosted by the Center. Public is very welcome to take a little piece of the history with them. >> Lithuanian not required <<
>> All the events are for free, but we do recommend to pick your free ticket at the Reception 1 hour before your chosen event <<