International Contemporary Dance Festival 'New Baltic Dance' during 18 years of its existence has grown up into one of the main and most prestigious dance festivals in the Baltic Sea area.
6-12, May New Baltic Dance'15 returs to Vilnius and reminds that dance is “the Energy which Changes”.
Since 1997 the Festival has presented companies from all Nordic and Baltic countries, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Israel, Canada, Slovenia, Serbia, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Poland, Switzerland, Senegal.18 years of its existence New Baltic Dance has brought more than 170 dance companies and independent choreographers from 25 countries. The Festival also presented more than 90 performances by Lithuanian Dance Companies and choreographers.
Program of the festival which is organized by Lithuanian Dance Information Centre and 'Vilnius Festivals' consists both of well established companies with famous productions and new young companies/choreographers with experimental works. One of principles of the festival is to present the newest productions, thus the event is open for premieres, post-premieres and pre-premieres. The festival also provides the possibility for Lithuanian choreographers to show their newest creations.
This year the festival will take place on 6 -12, May at different places in Vilnius. For all program of the festival please see here.
At the Arts Printing House will be presented part of the program:
* SWEAT BABY SWEAT | 6, May | Jan Martens cie (Belgium)
* BRUSSELS, HORROR, ANIMA | 7 - 12 May | CREW & C.A.P.E. (Belgium)
* INVESTMENT | 7, May | Random Scream (Belgium)
* MONSTERS | 8, May | Kaunas Dance Theatre Aura (Lithuania)
* INTERVIEW WITH MADONNA | 8, May | Kristīne Vismane (Latvia)
* OUT | 9, May | Olga Zitluhina (Latvia)
* MUTANTDANCE OR A THOUSAND DANCES TO DANCE BEFORE YOU DIE | 10, May | Cabaret Rhizome (Estonia)
* WITHIN | 11, May | Raimonda Gudavičiūtė, Sanna Lund (Lithuania/Sweden/Germany)
* POPULAR PROBLEMS | 11, May |Arts Printing House (Lithuania)
* IDIOT-SYNCRASY | 12, May | Choreographers Moreno Solinas, Igor Urzelai