Together with the Res Artis partners Nida Art Colony of the Vilnius Academy of Arts we will co-host the Res Artis Regional Meeting Vilnius and Nida on October 2-5, 2014 in Vilnius and in Nida.
The meeting will address two main topics: REMOTENESS (escape, exotic location, cultural tourism, hospitality) and RESIDENCY’S ROLE (engagement in the resident’s life, in the local community, in the art world, in the education and (artistic) research community, reputation and influence, models and ethics of host-guest or curator-artist relationship, diversity of artistic production or residency results, evaluation of results).
The meeting is open to Res Artis members and non-members, i.e. present and potential residency operators from:
- Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan)
- Eastern partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine)
- Nordic countries (Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
- Russian Federation
* The Res Artis Regional Meeting Vilnius-Nida is organised by Nida Art Colony of the Vilnius Academy of Arts in co-operation with Res Artis and Arts Printing House.